Hobart is a popular name in the world of welding as they have provided numerous great welders and products related to that while helping people to get the best bang for their buck. The Hobart Handler 210- MVP is a powerful and reliable welding machine that is suitable to work on various applications. And it is the only Hobart welder that can easily run almost 210A of power from inside a portable case which makes it fairly versatile tool to have.
Even though it weighs around 80 pounds and seems slightly heavier than other MIG welding machines, it is designed in such a way that it is portable and easy to carry along wherever you go. But since the welder doesn’t feature inverter technology, it cannot be powered by generators and only require a power source to operate it. But the major highlight about this MIG welder is that it comes with a multi-voltage plug so that you can use it in either a 115V or a 230V input power. In this article, we’ll take a look at why Hobart 210 MVP is the best 220v MIG welder for the money.
- The MIG welder offers you with 7 voltage selections for the 230V and 4 voltage choices for 115V
- The machine also provides users with excellent wire-feed speed control and enhanced arc performance
- Expect less splatter when compared with other welding machines and less cleanup task after the job is done
- The MIG welder comes with a spool runner that helps in minimizing wire feeding issues when using soft aluminum wires
- The multi-voltage plug allows you to use the welding machine anywhere you want
- There is also a built-in contractor that makes using the machine convenient and easy
- Switch from one size to the other quickly using the dual-groove drive rolls
- Self-resisting thermal overload feature ensures that the machine never exceeds its duty limit
- Comes equipped with weld set-up chart that allows you to choose the settings easily
- Features a cast-aluminum drive system
- 10-foot MIG welding lines
- 5-foot gas hose includes
- Internal storage area provided
What do we like the most about the Product?
- Infinite control on wire feed speed
- Perfect for a wide range of applications
- A lot of safety features included
What we don’t like about the Product?
- Bit heavier when compared with other MIG welders, but considering the output, it is really great that it is in a portable case.
Hobart Handler 210 MVP – Features
The Hobart 210 comes equipped with a lot of features that cannot be seen in other MIG welders from reputable companies at the same price range, which is one of the main reasons why it is the best 220v MIG welder for the money. Let’s see what the Hobart 210 has to offer:
The 210 MVP is designed and packed in such a way that you can start using the welder right out of the box. It can easily weld 24-gauge up to 3/8 inches mild steel in one pass. The Hobart 210 MVP is specially designed to be used for various applications including boat construction works, auto body construction & repair works, building construction and other domestic repair jobs. The MIG welder features the infinite wire speed control that helps you to gain maximum control over the machine which is extremely important if you want to have great results. It also helps you to achieve a high-quality arc performance and expect less clean up as the welder produces less splatter.
The Hobart Handler MVP comes with a special design to provide you with the maximum versatility and of the major highlights of the MVP is that it comes with a multi-voltage plug that allows you to connect to separate input voltage receptacles. It also offers up to seven different voltage positions for 230V and 4 different voltage positions for 115V.
The 210 MVP weighs about 80 pounds which seems slightly heavier than other MIG welders but is designed in such a way that it can be easily transported at the same time being robust and durable. You can easily transport it anywhere you need as it fits inside the back of your truck. But remember you also need to clear some space to fit in the cables and the gas cylinder as well.
When you compare the Hobart Handler 210 MVP, for example with the Hobart 230, it is much cheaper but there are not a lot of differences on the performance side as you might expect. Considering all the features you get with the 210 MVP, the price you offer is quite reasonable.
The Hobart 500553 comes with a 5/3/1 industrial warranty which means you get the warranty for up to 5 years, 3 years or a minimum of 1 year on the machine and its parts. During the warranty period, if any of the parts break down, then you can replace the parts for free or reimburse the cost of repair.
Overall the Hobart Handler 210 MVP is one of the best 220v MIG welders for the money that also comes at an affordable price. You get everything that you look for in a MIG welding machine with the Hobart 210 MVP.